- Partnership Projects
- Core Competitiveness
- Future Preparation
- Space Solutions
- How to Apply
- Our Projects
DiSaV platform lets you to plan, manage and supply audio and video advertising services by means of several types of display devices, located in the street or other crowded places (e.g.: airports, railway stations, shopping centers, shops, banks, etc.).
DiSaV joins the advantages of audio-video communication and the flexibility, detailed distribution and cut in costs of the street advertising. With this platform two different types of visualization equipment can be managed: Maxiscreen Advertising Information Points and Kiosks. The first type allows you to visualize advertising videos in the street, stations, airports. The second type consists of a multimedia Totem allowing users to interact with other users or with an editorial office.
The services mentioned above are accomplished by making use of the peculiar features of both the satellite and the Internet, respectively: multicast transmission and multimedia messages. DiSaV meets the requirements of the new advertising market allowing you to send rich multimedia messages (with videos, audios and images) on a wide territory. The added-value of the platform is the possibility of sending audio-video material and data to screens distributed on the territory so as to have a dynamic grouping of the reception points.
Three different domains can be identified:
To this domain belong all operations concerning content creation, management and storage:
1. deployment: in order that an elementary content (image, video, WEB page, animation) can be used, it must be delivered by the service center, that is: the content must be physically transferred (via ftp or http) into the SC store and classified.
2. authoring: by this term we mean the creation, by means of a tool software, of the content actually transmitted to the client stations. This content will be composed of more elementary content, connected each other by space-time relations (position on the screen, moment of activation of an elementary content).
To the time domain belong the content package transmission scheduling and playlist organization and transmission operations, being a playlist the activation list of the content playing stored on the client. Operations belonging to this domain are:
1. playlist creation: by means of a visual tool (drag&drop) an administrator creates the schedule organized by client groups. Each playlist is characterized by the content involved and the group/s using it.
2. scheduling: scheduling is the planning of content package transmission to the clients and of the playlist. Content can be transmitted to all stations or to selected user groups.
Control and Communication Domain
To the control and communication domain belong the following operations:
1. content transmission according to the schedule set by the scheduling system. There are two kinds of transmission: package delivery and live streaming (in case of live events).
2. client network control and manage. Each client has an operation logging system (performed playlists, stored content, tx/rx equipments status, etc.). These logs are stored in the client and can be requested by the service center. Log communication is performed by a low rate connection (GSM/PSTN).
Reaching a wide audience with high quality videos, regularly updated, avoiding the restrictions imposed by costs and by traditional TV environment schedules
Cutting costs related to the dissemination of advertising messages towards peripherals
Improving the brand awareness of the company towards the audience, by the creation of institutional or promotional campaigns in crowded places
Making the message uniform on a wide area: the use of the satellite allows you to find new accounts on new territories, in the whole Europe and in the Mediterranean Area
Transmitting just once content that will be then repeatedly played
Creating a communication network to realize advertising campaigns on the points of sales, advertising PoS (Points of Sales), where the consumer actually decides whether he buys a product or not and where he is more vulnerable to external pressures produced by advertising messages (customer's emotional conditioning)
Creating aimed advertising messages by geographical area or by type of reception point (public place, shop, business center) with low costs
The basic architecture is composed of three players:
Content transmission starts from the service center towards multimedia stations through a standard broadband DVB satellite channel (forward channel).
For control communications between MSs and SC (backward channel) a narrowband channel (PSTN/GSM - TBD) is used, since the amount of information to be transmitted to the SC is limited and characterized by burst flows, which do not need a high throughput channel. Content Management Stations (CMS) are connected to SC through a narrowband connection, which allows CMS to have WEB access to SC.
DISav System lets you:
The software development has been completed.
DISaV platform is currently used for demonstration activities to potential customers in the netStre@m premises using the procured clients.
Content preparation for the pilot operations is ongoing.
The netStre@m team is also involved, jointly with ESA personnel, in the installation of the DISaV service center in the ESTEC premises.