- Partnership Projects
- Core Competitiveness
- Future Preparation
- Space Solutions
- How to Apply
- Our Projects
In the frame of SpacebusTM competitiveness project, the CM Standard Evolution 1 development objective are:
- To reduce the recurrent and non-recurrent specific costs
- To improve the flexibility of the SPACEBUS™ 4000C platform concerning the accommodation and the evolution of the payload and consequently to reduce the duration of the accommodation phase at the beginning of the project.
Secondary targets are :
- To freeze technical inputs (embedded heat pipe network, north/south thermal coupling, DC harness “main roads”, partial heater accommodation) and drivers (thermal and structural rules) at the program kick off in order to have a platform design less dependent of the payload.
- To accommodate dissipative units on earth panels
- To have generic definition for :
- To have robust structural design justification files for each SPACEBUSTM 4000Ci consistent with the lateral antenna workshop layout (other ARTES project).
- To have a thermal analyses allowing to calculate the thermal performances, to define the accommodation drivers applicable to the repeater and to develop a pre-sizing tool for BID phase up to PDR.
- To define a new concept of satellite handling (lighter and safer)
CM Std Evo1 – thermal mock-up
Main challenges of this project are :
CM Std Evo1 design allows to :
CM Std Evo1 key features are :
Project CDR achieved in March 2014
Project FR achieved in September 2016
Applied on two commercial satellite programs