ESA will join the UK Space Agency and UK space industry at Farnborough International Airshow 2018 in an exhibition and events area in the Space Zone in Hall 1. Key events with ESA - ARTES participation will be:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 SPACE DAY - Programme Media Interactive Talks
MIT1 - 10h30-11h15 - Space and its Economic Benefits
- Jan Wörner, Director General, European Space Agency
- Jim Bridenstine, Administrator, NASA
- Graham Turnock, Chief Executive Officer, UK Space Agency
- Andy Green, President, UKSpace
MIT2 - 11h30-12h15 - Space and aviation: improving both safety and operational efficiency
Space-enabled services are bringing improved operational efficiency and safety to the aviation sector. Experts from business, academia and European institutions will describe how this will save the industry billions of pounds, improve service to the flying public and reduce CO2 emissions by millions of tonnes every year.
- Magali Vaissiere, Director of Telecommunications and Integrated Applications, European Space Agency
- Alexander Grous, Professor, London School of Economics
- Peter Hotham, Deputy Executive Director, SESAR JU
- John Broughton, VP Safety Operational Services, Inmarsat
MIT3 – 12h30-13h15 - Satellite and the 5G revolution: big challenges, mega-opportunities
With ESA's help, the space sector is joining the 5G revolution. Leaders of some of industry's most disruptive companies will describe the opportunities this creates and how it is attracting new private investment and technological innovation across the value chain.
- Antonio Franchi, Satellite for 5G Initiative, European Space Agency
- Eric Beranger, CEO, OneWeb
- Kieran Arnold, Director of Ubiquitous Connectivity, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Ignacio Sanchis, CCO, Hispasat
- Peter Platzer, CEO, Spire
MIT4 - 14h30-15h15 – Changing Space: Game Change – Game Over?
New industrial players in Exploration, EO downstream industry with investing private entities? Questions will be raised on current European private investment enabled by the Agency in the fields of Space Exploration and Earth Observation and how Europe is playing this game change.
- Dave Parker, Director of Human and Robotic Exploration, European Space Agency
- Josef Aschbacher, Director of Earth Observation, European Space Agency
- James Hinds , Space Systems Strategy - Airbus
- Anita Bernie, Director - Spacecraft Platforms, Demonstration Missions and US Support, SSTL/GES
- Richard Blain, Chief Executive, Earth-i Ltd
MIT5 - 15h30-16h15 - Space Economy: Down to Earth or Up to Space?
- Géraldine Naja, representing Directorate of Industrial Policy, Procurement and Legal Affairs, European Space Agency
- Dion Vaughan, CEO Metalysis
- Martina Caironi, Global Challenge Ambassador